Why Come Visit?
- Prospective graduate students learn about the graduate program, interact with faculty and current graduate students, as well as tour research facilities.
- On Saturday there will be organized excursions to see the sites or play in the snow.
- Our best fellowships are awarded to the top students who visited us during the weekend.
- All meals and activities are on us!
- Travel and accommodation costs will be reimbursed for highly qualified applicants.
How to Be Considered:
- All PhD applicants will be considered for Graduate Visitation Weekend. Please note that students with a BS degree may apply directly to the PhD program.
- Fill out both applications for admission according to the instructions on our admissions page.
- Complete both applications and submit all supporting documents (GRE scores, letters of recommendation, transcripts, etc) by DECEMBER 1.
- Send an email to Kim King expressing your interest in the weekend.
If you’re selected, we will notify you by the end of January and provide you with further instructions.
Kim King, Graduate Advisor
Phone: (801) 585-9293
Office: 2216 MEB (50 S Central Campus Drive)
Tour of campus and graduate student housing
Sarcos tour (www.sarcos.com)
Dinner with faculty
Faculty research presentations
Biorobotics and Bioinstrumentation Lab
Robotic Systems Lab
Sustainable Energy Lab
Individual meetings with professors and small group tours
Faculty/Visiting Student Social
Group dinner with current U of U M.E. graduate students