- Prospective graduate students learn about the graduate program, interact with faculty and current graduate students, as well as tour research facilities.
- On Saturday there will be organized excursions to see the sites or play in the snow.
- Our best fellowships are awarded to the top students who visited us during the weekend.
- All meals and activities are on us!
- Travel and accommodation costs will be reimbursed for highly qualified applicants.
How to Be Considered:
- All PhD applicants interested in attending should complete the Graduate Visitation Weekend application (deadline January 1). Please note that students with a BS degree may apply directly to the PhD program.
- Fill out the University Graduate School applications for admission according to the instructions on our admissions page.
- Complete both applications and submit all supporting documents (GRE scores, letters of recommendation, transcripts, etc) by January 1.
If you’re selected, we will notify you by the end of January and provide you with further instructions.
Mark Fehlberg, Graduate Advisor
Phone: (801) 585-9293
Fax: (801) 585-9826
- College of Engineering breakfast and welcome message from the Dean
- Department of Mechanical Engineering welcome message from the Chair and Director of Graduate Studies
- Faculty research presentations
- Lab tours
- Individual meetings with professors
- Dinner with current U of U M.E. graduate students
- Skiing/Snowboarding/Snowshoeing/Natural History Museum