Bldg 60 (Ph: 801-585-0947)
Environmental Fluid Dynamics
- Doctor of Philosophy Mechanical Engineering – July, 2001, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
- Specialization: Dynamics of the Atmospheric Boundary Layer, Minor: Atmospheric Chemistry/Pollution
- Master of Science – Mechanical Engineering – August, 1996, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI.
- Specialization: Turbulence Modeling
- Bachelor of Science – May, 1994, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI. Major: Mechanical Engineering
- Fluid mechanics
- Atmospheric turbulence
- Urban fluid mechanics
- Stratified turbulence
Current Research Activities
- Joint Urban 2003: Full Scale Urban field experiment in Oklahoma Joint Urban 2003: The largest Full Scale Urban field experiment ever; conducted in Oklahoma City During the Summer of 2003.
- Urban Trace-gas Emissions Study (UTES) is a multidiscplinary biodiversity project funded by the National Science Foundation to investigate urban emissions of carbon dioxide and water vapor.
- MUST (Mock Urban Setting Test): Large scale field experiment sponsored by the DOD and DOE. This field campagaign was run in September 2001 at the Dugway Proving grounds in western Utah. The focus of this experiments was to better characterize tranport and dispersion of plumes around buildings at very large Reynolds numbers. The experiments have provided new data sets for modelers as well as insight to the physical trasport mechanisms at work within and around the Urban Canopy.
- VTME (Vertical Transport and Mixing Experiment) October 2000 in Salt Lake City, UT. DOE sponsored project investigating vertical tranport and mixing throughout the Salt Lake Valley.
- URBAN2000 – DOE sponsored Urban field campaign (October 2000) located in Salt Lake City, UT. The experiment coincided with the VTMX experiment.
- PAFEX (Phoenix Air Flow Experiments): Two part field campaign that took place in Phoenix, Arizona. PAFEX-I (January 14-February 1, 1998). PAFEX-II (July 1-Aug 15, 1998).